Friday, October 13, 2006

D-day

Well today is the day the baby was due to arrive... and she's apparently in no hurry. Rob stayed home today and we went to the doctor and found out that I have failed to dilate even a little bit more. Obviously, this wasn't what we wanted to hear. I've been having contractions off and on for weeks and yesterday I was nesting like a nutty woman (our windows are sparkling inside and out, the doors have all been washed with bleach, and the bathrooms are clean!)

Anyway, we had discussed ahead of time how we would open a conversation with the doctor about scheduling an induction if this were the case, but there was no need. As soon as she had finished the exam she said, "So... options." (I really do prefer this practice to the one I went to before we moved.) She recommended 1. that we go to the hospital for a non-stress test and 2. that we schedule an induction for Thursday, 10/19 at 7 am. Both sounded like solid plans to us. The non-stress test was fine (I even got a foot rub from my darling husband while we were there!) And while we are still hopeful that I will go into labor before Thursday, it is nice to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel if I do not.

We can't wait to meet our little girl and welcome her to our family! :)

2 comments:

Kel said...

We are so excited for you guys! Little girls are wonderful. We can't wait to meet her too.
Kelly and Scott

Rob & Julie said...

That IS sleeping in.. ;^) Getting up at 0530 instead of 0450... -r