Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jacob at 2 months

Jacob is already 10 weeks old! At his 2 month check-up last week, we learned that he is in the 95th percentile for height and weight. He was 24 1/2 inches long and 14 lbs. 6 oz. so he is a BIG baby. Just for the sake of a reference point though- Toby was that same length at 1 month old.

We've been getting to know Jakey more and more each week...
He is a cuddler. (And therefore spends a lot of time in the sling pictured above.)
He will only sleep on his tummy or side.
He's quick to smile, but slow to laugh.
He studies Charlotte and Toby like there will be a test tomorrow on how to be a big kid.
He is the cooing-est baby I have ever met. (I have a video of this, but it wouldn't upload.)
He looks so much like Toby that I mix their names up daily.
Every night I sing "Row your boat," the alternative "Glub, glub, glub your boat, gently down the stream, ha, ha, ha, I fooled you, I'm a submarine," and "Three little ducks" to him.
He does NOT like it when I eat: broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, cabbage, onions, garlic, or salad. (I eat them anyway and just get less sleep.)
He despises the bouncy seat.

And finally, he loves his mommy. :)

No comments: