Tuesday, December 27, 2011

first foods, first Christmas

Just before Christmas Jacob had his 4 month check-up. He was 18 lbs. 14 oz. (100th %) and 27 inches (98th %). Jakey is the 1%! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) So, ya know, he could be a Sumo wrestler or linebacker or something. ;) He is adorable and very healthy. He smiles at everyone and is particularly attentive to Rob and Toby... I think those are great choices of people for him to look up to. Anyway, the doctor agreed that we ought to start some solid foods, and there was much rejoicing.

He was very happy to have a spoon just like everyone else.

Cereal, however, was not a hit.
I am looking forward to a little bit more independence and to sharing the feeding responsibilities, but I'm glad we're not ready to stop nursing yet. I love the quiet, cuddly feeding time with my baby.

On Christmas Eve, Charlotte and Toby were so excited they couldn't contain it! Jacob was a little overwhelmed by the noise and energy, but it was fun to see them all playing together and having such a great time.

These kiddos are best buds.
They loved their gifts from family and Santa, but they couldn't wait to give Jacob the stuffed animal that they had picked out for him and wrapped.

It's okay Jakey, you'll get used to it.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I have a very real need to see Jakey in the flesh. So glad you five had an awesome Christmas!