We have been very Merrily getting into the Christmas spirit the past few weeks, and here are just a dozen ways we do that in our home.
1. We sent out a few Christmas cards.
2. We watched Home Alone for a family movie night.
3. I have been forcing Rob to play Christmas songs on the piano nearly every day.
4. We picked out a tree and decorated it and the rest of the house for Christmas.
5. We went to “Lights of the South” and visited with the nicest Santa ever. (I especially liked when he told Charlotte and Toby to pick up their rooms when they got home.)
6. We have been baking- English Toffee, Peanut Butter blossoms, Molasses, Oatmeal Raisin, Caramel Popcorn, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, and Angel Puffs. Too bad for Santa those are all gone already, but luckily I still have Fudge, Sugar cookies, and Chocolate Chip cookies on my to-do list.
7. I made some Super Tobs and Super Jakey capes this year. My first time doing appliqué work- so I have some skills to improve, but I don’t think they will mind.
8. I chaperoned Charlotte’s class field trip to the Clark’s Hill Christmas tree farm.
9. We’ve got all of our shopping done! Rob and I have been wrapping gifts after the kids go to bed this week while re-watching The Lord of the Rings trilogy together.
10. Rob and I took the coffee table frame that my dad made in high school, removed the glass top, and upholstered an ottoman- style top for it. Charlotte renamed it the Comfy Table. I sewed some throw pillows to go along with the new look. (Toby especially likes to lie on it with a blanket and watch a movie in the afternoon.)
11. We’ve been reading Christmas stories before bedtime.
and last, but not least,
12. We have been thinking of YOU-
our friends and family, near and far, and hoping that you are happy and healthy this holiday season.