Thursday, April 18, 2013

Easter 2013

I have been trying to update the blog for weeks, and each time either blogger or my computer has fought with me! Hopefully now things will run smoothly for awhile and I can post these photos. :)

 
This Easter I made my mom's Bunny cake. She made a cake shaped like a bunny on many an Easter when I was growing up and we loved decorating it with various candies. This was my first year doing it with my kids and they loved it too. To honor Rob's mom as well in this tradition, I used her carrot cake and cream cheese frosting recipes.  Toby kept asking why I was calling it "carrot" cake.  He had NO IDEA there were three cups of shredded carrots in there.  lol

 
We also dyed a few Easter eggs.  I had grand plans of doing natural food dyes until I realized the eggs would have to sit in them foor 3-4 hours and that would be very anti-climactic for the little ones.  So we went the traditional Paas route.

 
Writing your name on your eggs is VERY serious business.

 
Easter morning we enjoyed our baskets and hunted around the house for hidden eggs.  Cadbury creme eggs are absolutely the coveted treat around here.  (By everyone except Rob- he's a Reese's peanut butter egg kind of man.)

 
Then I made scrambled eggs and toast before we got ready and headed to church.  When I put Jakey in his highchair I had no idea that he had two tiny fistfuls of jelly beans and M&Ms from his basket which he promptly used to garnish his scrambled eggs.  Yum!
 
We are so thankful for the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.  It is so comforting to me to know that no matter how I may fall short today, I can wake up tomorrow and try again to be a better person.  Wishing you all a belated Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Hoppy Easter, Andersons! Love the bunny cake blend of family traditions, Toby's intense concentration writing his name, and Jake's candy garnish. When did Toby and Charlotte start to look so much alike?! Woah. That gave me pause.

I'm with Rob on Reese's eggs, which is unfortunate because I cannot find them here yet I can find Cadbury's cream eggs year round!