Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stitch Fix- an early Merry Christmas to me

My first StitchFix came in the mail today!!!  Woo-hoo! I had told everyone I would share how it went, so here goes.  I received in the mail a necklace, a sweater, a blouse, a dress, and a pair of jeans.  Shockingly, everything fit.  (I expected to have some fit issues, but I guess I did a good enough job of giving my sizes and shape.) Here is a quick look at the items...

First off, we are not talking about my Christmas cookie belly, it will go away soon (I hope.) 
This top was $54 from Skies are Blue.  The necklace was $28 from Bay to Baubles, and the jeans were $78 from Liverpool.  I didn't like the chest pockets on the top, or the sleeves. And I think the necklace looks cheaper than it is.  The jeans were kinda awesome.  I wore them around the house for a while and debated them much.  In the end I didn't keep any of these three items- though I was very close on the jeans.  I just have enough jeans that fit and I wear regularly, that I couldn't justify it to myself.
 

This sweater is $48 from Market and Spruce.  Same necklace and jeans. I kinda love this sweater.  It is soooooo soft.  And comfy.  And I love this color. And the sleeves are different than anything else I own.  The v-neck is super deep, but great for layering.  I kept this one.  :D

And then there was this dress.  
$48 from Papermoon.  I was very tempted to not even post a picture of it, but here ya go friends.  This is not a good look for me.  High neckline = giant orange box. Also, you can't see the hem in the picture very well, but the pattern there had a similar effect of cutting me off and making me look shorter and squarer.  Even Ami is like, "What is THIS?" No bueno.

So, I went on Stitchfix.com and gave feedback on each item and paid $28 for the sweater (48-20 styling fee.)  The other items will go back in the prepaid postage envelope they came with.  There was also in the box, a styling card showing different ideas for wearing each item... somewhat helpful for the style-challenged like myself.  I signed up to get another box in January.  I liked trying stuff on at home, the quality of the clothing seems high to me, and it was a pretty fun shopping process.  I do think the prices are higher than I would normally spend, but I am willing to spend a bit more for staying home and letting someone else put outfits together for me. Also, if you purchase all 5 items, you get a 25% discount on your order.

Stitchfix. If you decide to try it out and go through my link, I get a $25 referral credit when you receive your first box. 

No comments: