Friday, May 01, 2015

Sandy's visit

For the past two weeks, my high school friend Sandy has been staying with us. Whenever anyone would ask, I would introduce her as the friend I most often skipped school with.  I'm pretty sure this is accurate, as I have fond memories of days spent driving to Philly, going to the mall, maybe bowling, etc when we were supposed to be in class.  We also had art class together our senior year, and produced very little art, but had a wonderful time anyway.

So while Sandy was here, the obvious choice of activity was a road trip!  Most days we toured around within two hours of my house so that we could be back in time to meet the school bus and take kids to soccer, piano, or t-ball.  Luckily, there is a lot to see within two hours of my house. But one weekend we took the four kiddos and drove down to the Bavarian alps and visited Neuschwanstein, Dachau concentration camp, and the medieval cuteness capitol of Rothenburg. Thanks for coming Sandy! It was great to reconnect with you a bit after all these years.  (19?!?!?!)

Here are some photos I swiped from Sandy, in no particular order.  (She took waaaaay more pictures than I did.)
Bavarian alps.  I could sit and look at them all day.

Yes, we stayed at the Edelweiss Lodge again.  Toby and Charlotte thought switching roles in this photo head shot thing was hilarious.

Jake flexes his muscles at Burg Rheinfels.

This picture cracks me up in front of the beautiful Neuschwanstein Castle.

Spring decorations were still up in Rothenberg. Those are REAL Easter eggs y'all, individually painted and strung up on the fountain.

Day trip to France.

Raspberry glace was one of many, many yummy treats.


Love my babies.

No comments: