And instead of birthday cake, he requested banana splits!
He got to choose three flavors of ice cream (Neapolitan, mint chocolate chip, and chocolate) and several toppings (hot fudge, M&Ms, crushed Oreos, sprinkles, whipped cream, cherries and sliced bananas!) Toby's got some good taste.
Toby continues to be our Little Man.
He loves puzzles, math, Legos, and now the viola, and football. One day recently I printed out some pictures of these tessellating lizards. The kids each colored two, and then I cut them out and we played with arranging them. This is the kind of stuff that Toby LOVES.
He is also growing into a strong reader. He likes it when I send him on a treasure hunt around the house following clues, or when I send him outside on a nature hunt. I write a list like, "something blue, something dead, a leaf shaped like a heart, a snail shell, etc." This was his box of goodies he brought me one afternoon from a nature hunt around the yard.
Toby is such a gentle soul. He is learning German like a champ and works so hard at things that he is interested in. He is still very sensitive, and a perfectionist. He genuinely likes to do kind things for others though, and that is probably the thing I love most about his personality.
Toby's birthday interview:
(20 questions style)
1. What is your favorite color? Red.
2. What is your favorite toy? Minecraft on the Kindle.
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apples.
4. What is your favorite tv show? Super Hero Squad.
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni & cheese.
6. What is your favorite outfit? My shirt with the lizard and jeans.
7. What is your favorite game? That might be hard, because I like Monopoly, I like Minion Rush, I like Minecraft.
8. What is your favorite snack? A piece of chocolate with a cheese stick.
9. What is your favorite animal?A rhino.
10. What is your favorite song? Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
11. What is your favorite book? I don't really have a favorite book... ALL books.
12. Who is your best friend? Jack and Thomas.
13. What do you want to be when you grow up? A builder, dad, engineer.
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride my bike.
15. What are you really good at? Building, that one's easy.
16. What is a food that you hate? Bell peppers.
17. What do you like to do with Mom? Cuddle.
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? French toast.
19. What is your favorite dinner? The butterfly one (Pasta Primavera.)
20. What makes you happy? Christmas and Legos.