Thursday, October 29, 2015

Charlotte's 9th Birthday!

Look!  I have a cheerleader! We got off to a pretty rocky start (she cried through the entire first practice,) but thanks to a fabulously kind coach and friendly little girls she has grown to love her little cheer squad.

Charlotte is the youngest girl on the squad of 9-11 year olds. She likes being a "flyer" at the top of the pyramids.  I have been surprised how many extra social activities are involved in cheerleading... sleep overs, banner making, pizza parties. I don't know if I am cut out to be a cheer mom, but I will support her the best that I can.

Charlotte asked for a polar bear cake this year.  It is actually amazing to me that we made it nine years without making one!  We also took the kids to Halli Galli, a Kinderspielwelt (indoor play bounce house place) that we also went to when Charlotte turned four years old. For her birthday gift, she got the game Hedbanz and we all played together... with Jake accidentally giving away everyone's cards, except for Rob who took the longest to guess his.  (For example, he would stare at my head and then ask me, "am I a strawberry?" and Charlotte and Toby would yell, "Jacob!" So I clearly knew that I was a strawberry.) There was a lot of giggling and it was a very fun day for the kiddos.

We also got this great big puppy right around the time of Charlotte's birthday. She loves Bingo and is the first to get down on the floor to pet and cuddle with the smelly dog after school each day. When she sat down to do her homework the other day he tried to climb into her lap to check her work.  Or eat it for her.  He's super helpful like that.  (Not.) 

For some reason my mom always said that nine was her favorite age.  I look forward to this year with my nine year old Charlotte girl.  Charlotte is sweet, sensitive, smart, and sassy. Amelie has recently moved into a toddler bed in Charlotte's room (at Charlotte's request) and they are enjoying their sister time having tea parties, reading books, and caring for a menagerie of stuffed animals.  Charlotte says, "I prayed and prayed to have a sister to share my room with, and now my wish has come true." I mean.... how adorable is that?!?!  We love you Charlotte.

Charlotte's birthday interview:
(20 questions style)
1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Baby Polar
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apricots
4. What is your favorite tv show? Pokemon
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Macaroni and cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? "I don't know... I just wear everyday outfits, I don't have a favorite or anything."
7. What is your favorite game? Minecraft and Ticket to Ride
8. What is your favorite snack? Chocolate covered raisins
9. What is your favorite animal? A polar bear
10. What is your favorite song? My Favorite Things (from the Sound of Music)
11. What is your favorite book? Harry Potter (yes, she finished it, and got the second one for her birthday and read it all immediately.)
12. Who is your best friend? Ciara and Christie
13. What do you want to be when you grow up? "That's hard... I want to be a mom, and an artist, author, and illustrator."
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? "Ride my bike, because I like how the wind rushes on my face and it's all breezy when I go fast."
15. What are you really good at?"Actually I want YOU to answer that one."  Okay, Charlotte is a great artist, friend, reader, storyteller, big sister, and daughter.
16. What is a food that you hate? "Everything in my life is okay and then my favorite things.  I don't really hate anything."
17. What do you like to do with Mom? Bake cookies
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes
19. What is your favorite dinner? Pasta Primavera
20. What makes you happy? Making other people happy.  :)

No comments: