Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 goals

I like setting goals.  I don't always achieve them all, but I feel like I accomplish more than I would have if I hadn't made any, so I keep at it.  In the coming year I have a few things on my mind...


1. Update our 72 hour kit. We have one, but it was last updated when we still had 2 kids.  Eek. It needs a major overhaul.  People have different names for these things; Bug out bags, 3 day pack, etc, but what it comes down to is if you have to leave your home in a hurry in an emergency, what could you grab to take with you? Especially living in a foreign country, and watching the unfolding refugee crisis around us, I feel that this is really something we should be ready to go with.

2. Walk, run, or crawl a 5k, 10k, and half marathon this year. I'm not putting marathon on this list, but we'll see. These may just be me and my fitbit spending a day on the trails and not an organized event also.

3. Travel our butts off. This is one of the main reasons we love living in Germany.  In 2015 we visited 3 countries (Ireland, Spain, and France) in addition to our travel within Germany... in 2016 that will be 9 countries, maybe 10. (You'll have to wait and see!)


1 comment:

Aubrey said...

1. Awesome goal. I've thought of this so many times, and never made it happen. You've inspired me to do this along with stock our tornado shelter.

2. You go, girl! I'll watch you from my couch, but you get out there and kill it!

3. Green with envy. In the most loving, supportive possible way. Can't wait to watch your adventures unfold!