Friday, October 14, 2016

Amelie turned 3!!

Amelie is already three years old! No more baby gear around our house.  No diapers, high chair, sippy cups... and soon no more crib.  That is just amazing to me.

For her birthday, Amelie wanted to go to Ramba Zamba and have hot dogs and Cheetos for dinner.  Sound familiar?  That would be because those were the same as Jake's birthday requests about a month earlier.  Sometimes we call Amelie "Echo" or "Copycat" because she watches and listens so carefully and then mimics just what you say or do.  I even play it as a game sometimes, I will do something, like cross my legs or purse my lips, just to watch her copy it.  

Anyway, I couldn't do hot dogs again personally, so I added steak, broccoli, and sweet potatoes to the birthday menu.  She ate the sweet potato first, so clearly she approved.  And we did go to Ramba Zamba, but I didn't take more pictures there.

She also wanted us to play Pin the Tail on the Donkey.  I don't know where she heard or saw that, but it was an easy enough request to fill.

And in a stroke of originality, she requested a red velvet birthday cake with pink and blue icing. She loved the My Little Pony she got and we gave her a Baby Book all about her that I made. Charlotte, Toby, and Jake actually went through their toys and made Amelie some gifts of their own. Have I mentioned lately that I love these kids? 

There is no mistaking Amelie is three years old.  She is a threenager in every way.  She is extremely strong willed and stubborn. And the mood swings!  She is also very, very attached to and territorial about her Mommy, more so than any of our other kids have ever been. I often remind her that she is not an only child.  But she also wants to be big and do everything that the big kids are doing. She loves to be read to and to have conversations. And she loves going for walks... as long as she is riding in the stroller. 

We sure love our LuLu girl.

Amelie's birthday interview:
(20 questions style)
1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? The drawing board (Magnadoodle)
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? Sophia the First
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Charley's (kids meal with chicken, fries, and Oreos)
6. What is your favorite outfit?"The... what I have on right now." (daisy love t-shirt and blue jeans)
7. What is your favorite game? Blokus
8. What is your favorite snack? Fruit snacks!
9. What is your favorite animal? Big kitty cats (lions, tigers, etc)
10. What is your favorite song? ABCs
11. What is your favorite book? Little Miss books
12. Who is your best friend? Caroline
13. What do you want to be when you grow up? "I wanna be an artist"
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Playing on the trampoline
15. What are you really good at? "I can do jumping jacks!" (She can't actually)
16. What is a food that you hate? "I don't wanna! I want to answer a different question."  (Did I mention the mood swings?)
17. What do you like to do with Mom or Dad? Read books and do puzzles.
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes.
19. What is your favorite dinner? Hot dogs.
20. What makes you happy? "Nothing makes me happy!!"  (Noted.)

No comments: