Saturday, October 29, 2016

Charlotte turned 10!!

Charlotte is in the double digits!! 


For her birthday this year, she wanted to have a Harry Potter themed dinner party with a couple of friends and watch the first Harry Potter movie. Toby and Jake also got to have a friend over (to fulfill my overdue birthday promise to Toby.) We had sandwiches from Mrs. Weasley, French Onion soup from Kreacher, Lemondrops from Dumbledore, Dirigible Plums from the Lovegoods, and of course, Butterbeer.

Charlotte asked for a cookie cake.  
(One of my favorites too!)

After playing for a while and watching Harry Potter and having cake and all that good stuff, I gave the kiddos the chocolate frogs I had made with wizard cards.  Those were a big hit! It was a fun, low stress party, and I am glad Charlotte enjoyed her special day.

We sure do love our Charlotte girl.  She is spunky and opinionated, but smart and so very, very good at being the big sister. She loves to come up with games or imaginative ideas and get everyone involved. She also LOVES to read and write stories, and is developing her talents for writing and drawing.  I love that she has such a strong idea of who she is as a person and what she thinks is right and wrong.... and that she truly wants to be good, helpful, and kind. 



 Charlotte's birthday interview:
(20 questions style)
1. What is your favorite color? "I like several different colors... turquoise and lilac."
2. What is your favorite toy? My new stuffed bunny
3. What is your favorite fruit? Blueberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? "I don't have one."
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? "Turkey and cheese sandwich with mustard."
6. What is your favorite outfit? "My blue t-shirt with little white patterns of flowers on it with my purple jeans."
7. What is your favorite game? Guess Who
8. What is your favorite snack? "A green sour apple."  (Granny Smith)
9. What is your favorite animal? "I have two- polar bears, of course, and peacocks."
10. What is your favorite song? Fight Song by Rachel Platten (They are learning to sing this in school for Charlotte's friend Clarke who is currently battling cancer. I can't even think about it without losing it.)
11. What is your favorite book? Harry Potter!
12. Who is your best friend? Amy
13. What do you want to be when you grow up? "I wanna be an author and an artist."
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play tetherball.
15. What are you really good at? Drawing
16. What is a food that you hate? "Those yucky cheese roll-ups from Taco Bell."
17. What do you like to do with Mom or Dad? "Eat ice cream!"
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Nutella on toast.
19. What is your favorite dinner? Pasta Primavera
20. What makes you happy? "I like to play school with my brothers and Amelie."

No comments: