For his birthday dinner, Toby asked for tacos, and for his birthday cake he just wanted a chocolate cake with blue, green, and red frosting. He wanted to have a specific friend over, but they were on vacation. He didn't want to invite anyone else, so I still owe him a playdate. But he did enjoy his gift of a Wii guitar and guitar hero game and we all played that for a while and then Rob and Toby played Toby's favorite board game, Monopoly, together.
Happy. easygoing birthday boy.
(Amelie made him wear the hat.)
Being eight years old, means that Toby was now old enough to be baptized a member of our church if he chose to do so. He said he wanted to be baptized because Jesus was baptized and he wants to try to make good choices. We were so happy to have so many of his friends from church come to support him and after the baptism we enjoyed some light refreshments. Rob and I got him his own set of scriptures with his name on them.
Toby told me that he felt really clean after his baptism. He even shared his experience in Primary the next day in his own words. We are very proud of this exceptional boy of ours!
Toby's birthday interview:
(20 questions style)
1. What is your favorite color? Green or Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? Playing cards
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apples
4. What is your favorite tv show? Power Rangers
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? BBQ riblets (school lunch)
6. What is your favorite outfit? My "rock vs. paper vs. scissors" shirt
7. What is your favorite game? Monopoly and Word Thief and Minecraft
8. What is your favorite snack? cinnamon buns
9. What is your favorite animal? "I don't really have one."
10. What is your favorite song? Eye of the Tiger
11. What is your favorite book? Calvin and Hobbes
12. Who is your best friend? Noah and Jack
13. What do you want to be when you grow up? An engineer
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Archery!
15. What are you really good at? "Building, that's the number 1 thing."
16. What is a food that you hate? Brussels sprouts
17. What do you like to do with Mom or Dad? "With Dad I like to do a board game. With Mom? Cuddle."
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Oatmeal
19. What is your favorite dinner? Tacos
20. What makes you happy? Having fun with friends and family.