Friday, August 18, 2017

Jacob is 6!

Jacob is now 6 years old and getting ready to start 1st grade!

For his birthday this year, he wanted to visit Ramba Zamba. (Just like last year.)

I took the kiddos on a Friday, and the place wasn't busy at all.  It was perfect.  They enjoyed bouncing, sliding, eating chicken nuggets, and running around for hours. (And for the first time, I didn't have to help Amelie do anything.)

For his birthday dinner, Jake requested corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.  I added chicken and watermelon to round it out a little bit.  He also wanted to have an ice cream cake, which they carry at the Commissary, so that is what we had for his birthday treat.

And what do you get a 6 year old boy?  A Nerf gun of course!  
Here he is making his "tough" face.  He and Toby set to work immediately making targets to practice shooting at, and he has been playing with it every day since then.  


Jakey has matured a lot in the last year.  He still gets into it with Amelie sometimes, but is beginning to use other strategies for interacting with her as well (trading, taking turns, etc). He is a beginning reader, loves going for bike rides with Dad, and still makes friends everywhere we go. He is signed up for Fall soccer this year, and I think he will have a lot of fun with that. He is still the cuddliest kid and I know he is getting sleepy when he hugs me and wants to hold hands.  On our recent road trip, he left me anonymous love notes a couple of times, and was so adorable when I guessed they were from him.  I love this tender-hearted Bear.

Jake's Birthday Interview

1. What is your favorite color? Green
2. What is your favorite toy? Nerf gun
3. What is your favorite fruit? Watermelon
4. What is your favorite tv show? I don't know, I like all of them
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Mac and cheese
6. What is your favorite outfit? "I just pick randomly," (I can attest to the truth of this.)
7. What is your favorite game? Ticket to Ride
8. What is your favorite snack? "bunny rabbits (crackers) or Cheetos"
9. What is your favorite animal? Cheetah
10. What is your favorite song? Up & up (Coldplay)
11. What is your favorite book? The Very Hungry Caterpillar
12. Who is your best friend? "That's kind of too hard for me, I have so many friends."
13. What do you want to be when you grow up? Work on a computer
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Bike rides with Dad
15. What are you really good at? Basketball, and Soccer, and Baseball
16. What is a food that you hate? Brussels sprouts
17. What do you like to do with Mom or Dad? Cuddles with Mom
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Froot Loops or Apple Jacks
19. What is your favorite dinner?  Pasta
20. What makes you happy?  Legoland and getting souvenirs


No comments: