Friday, August 18, 2017

Utah: Provo and Salt Lake City

After our time at Bear Lake we made our way to Rob's parents' home to spend our last days in the US relaxing, visiting friends and family, and walking down memory lane.  The kiddos loved the extra time with Grandma and Grandpa.

One day we took the kids to Provo to visit our alma mater and pick up some new BYU swag at the bookstore. It was a super hot day, but we made it up to the kids with ice cream from the creamery. I am the only person from my family to have gone to BYU (and I believe the first person from my high school,) while Rob is a third generation Cougar.  A lot of stuff had changed around the campus, but other things stay the same... like students stopping and offering to take photos for me.  BYU is a unique place and has a special place in my heart for sure.

Another day we visited Temple Square in Salt Lake City and the Church History Museum.  Jane came with us and we spent some time visiting with Rob's great aunt Elizabeth as well.

I love this guy.

I also planned to get together with some old friends.  We met up at a splash pad so the kids could play while we visited.  I didn't get a picture with everyone, but I was so glad to see some of my dear friends from high school, college, and both of our times in Germany!
 
My little ones were happy to see their friends as well!

I am so thankful for amazing friends that have influenced me for good throughout my life.

This photo looks like an engagement picture!  
But that's okay, because I love my friends!
I was also able to go visit another friend and her brand new baby!  I didn't think to take any pictures because I was just enjoying visiting with her and holding her sweet little one. 

This was an epic trip!  I am so glad that we made it.  We drove over 4,100 miles. We were able to see family, friends, the beach, national parks and monuments, Church history sights, and so much more throughout 11 states!  We shopped, and ate out, and enjoyed the Americana as much as we could, but we are also so happy to be back in Germany for a little while longer. We have a few more European adventures to take before we move back to the US of A for reals.


No comments: