GIRL!!!!
I'm not gonna lie. I am pretty surprised. If you've followed us for long, you know that I had very high expectations of having a girl and 3 boys. Charlotte threw a wrench into that though when she began fervently praying EVERY DAY for a baby sister about a year ago.
Rob and I discussed whether or not that could actually effect the grand plan (I realize I am not fully omniscient, and therefore this was likely the plan all along, but hear me out) and I was left really wondering because I truly, absolutely, without a doubt believe that our Father in Heaven hears our prayers. Well, now Charlotte believes that too. Which I think is a wonderful thing. So, like I said, maybe this was the plan all along. :)
As for all the stats, our baby GIRL has all of her important parts, weighs about 11 ounces (per the ultrasound,) and is the size of a banana, butternut squash, or carrot depending on what baby book/blog you prefer. She is plenty active, and wouldn't allow us a decent look at her face on the ultrasound as she kept her arms crossed over her face. (Stubborn little girl- you'll fit right in!)
I am (sadly) gaining a mountain of weight (for the fourth time,) and still waking up vomiting about once a week. Other than that I feel great! Amazing how when coming from a place of first trimester exhaustion, and every day morning sickness, the way I feel now is just peachy. I will suck up my pride and permit a picture of my growing belly soon- but not today. I have always struggled with my weight, and gaining a lot of weight is probably the most challenging part of pregnancy for me. Even though I know it is normal for my body, and that I will lose the weight after the baby is born, I still hate to see it.
So now we are 20 week along! Half way down, and half way to go! I guess it's high time we start discussing baby names!