Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Sushi night! No, seriously.

We don't eat much fish around here. I am allergic to shellfish and grew up in a family that didn't eat much fish and so it isn't really something I have learned how to cook well. Peer pressure is a funny thing though. Jake has been talking at dinner time for a week or so about how his friend at school LOVES sushi. Therefore it must be an amazing food, right? We like to encourage the kids to try new things, and it is unusual for Jake, in particular, to want to try new things so I bought a small tray of sushi from our local grocery store for everyone to try the other day. I bought the smallest tray, fully expecting to end up throwing most of it away.

Amelie gave it a thumbs up and said it was good... but she didn't actually finish eating that piece in her hand and didn't want to eat anymore, so I don't really believe her.

This isn't a great picture of Toby, but he actually DID really like the sushi and ate three different pieces.

Rob ate some and said it was okay, it wasn't his first time having sushi, but he's not a huge fan.  He's making this face because he put too much wasabi on his.

And Jacob.  He loved it.  You just never know what your kids will eat I guess.

Charlotte wasn't interested in trying it, and I steer clear of even non-fishy stuff from places that work with lots of seafood, (I have never, ever eaten at a Red Lobster,) because it is just too risky for me.  I once had a reaction from Chinese food that should not have had any shellfish in it, but was contaminated somehow.  

So, final results?  I guess I will be picking up sushi from time to time to go with our meal when we make Asian food.

No comments: